Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2020

#BurnYourOwnFlag

It is trendy to burn flags of the United States of America.  I hate this practice because the people doing so are using it to express hate.  I support their actions because I believe it is an expression of free speech. 

On this date (June 25th, 2020) I could find no instances of #BurnYourOwnFlag as a hashtag in use.  So I am defining it. 

Protesting peacefully is a right guaranteed, not be the first amendment, that protects the right, but by your creator.  I use the term creator to be as inclusive as possible.  You are free to choose what you believe in your origin story.  All I ask is that if you want to burn an American, or any other flag, be sure that you bought it.  That you own it.  Burning other people’s flags, without their permission is theft. 

Tearing down historical monuments is vandalism. 

These are crimes.  They are not protected by the Constitution of the United States of America.

And if I stand between you and a monument you’re intending to tear down, without authorization of the governing body of that monument, we have a problem. 

Gregor - Back from the brink! From there and back again. A spiritual Hobbits journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What color is "Un-Afflilated?"

I was just looking at Oregon Voter registration numbers. OregonVotes.gov allows you to download the registration numbers in various tables. ...